There’s a certain thrill that comes with the arrival of an Amazon package at your doorstep, isn’t there? The anticipation, the excitement, the joy of unboxing – it’s all part of the Amazon experience. And when it comes to scoring great deals, there’s no day quite like Amazon Prime Day. This year, Prime Day falls on July 11 and 12, 2023, and it’s the perfect opportunity for educators to snag some deep discounts for their classrooms. So, teachers, it’s time to treat yourself! If you’re fortunate enough to have a classroom stipend or grant money to spend, Prime Day is an excellent way to stretch those funds while stocking up on classroom supplies.
Prime Day 2023: A Bonanza of Deals for Teachers
Prime Day 2023 kicks off at 3:00 a.m. ET on July 11 and runs through July 12. Throughout this period, Prime members will discover a plethora of early offers and deals. Amazon is already promising big savings on products from popular brands like YETI, The Drop, and Sony, as well as more deals than ever before from small businesses.
Best Prime Day Deals for Teachers
- Up to 38% off all Kindle E-Readers
- Laptops up to 30% off
- Bose headphones up to 40% off
- Ring doorbells & cameras up to 50% off
- Apple Watch Series 8 up to 30% off
- Roomba vacuums up to 60% off
- 30% off Apple AirPods 2nd Generation
- Beats headphones up to 54% off
- iPad Mini up to 24% off
- Dyson vacuums and filters up to 36% off
Tips for Navigating Prime Day 2023
To help you make the most of Prime Day, here are some tips:
- Start your Amazon Prime trial: If you’re not yet a Prime member, you can try Amazon Prime free for 30 days to get access to all the Prime Day deals. You’ll likely get hooked on the Prime services, such as free two-day shipping and streaming movies and TV for personal and classroom use. If you’re working on your advanced degree and have a .edu email address, you qualify for Amazon Prime Student, which gives you a six-month all-access free trial and then Prime for just $49 a year—half the price of a regular membership. Working teachers also get exclusive perks.
- Request access to the invite-only deals program: New for Prime Day 2023, Prime members can request an invitation to access special deals that are expected to sell out quickly. Look for the yellow “Request Invite” button on products marked “Available by Invitation.”
- Download the Amazon app and set up deal alerts: Download the free Amazon app to easily find the top deals during Prime Day. Go to the Prime Day page and set up deal alerts any time between now and Prime Day. You’ll receive push notifications when your deals are starting.
- Set up deal notifications on Alexa: Alexa can remind you about deals on any products added to your cart, wishlist, or saved for later. Just say, “Alexa, add [name of product] to my cart.” Then ask Alexa to notify you when the deal is live.
- Make an Amazon list: Turn your wish list into a reality! Make an official Amazon list of the items you hope will go on extreme sale for Prime Day. If these items go on sale, you’ll be notified through an Amazon app push notification.
- Start watching deals early: The Prime Day deals will be revealed a day or two before the event begins. New deals start as often as every 5 minutes for 30 hours straight.
- Join the waitlist if you miss a deal: If an item is 100 percent claimed, click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page. If additional items become available, you’ll receive a notification on your mobile device through the Amazon app.
And remember, the early bird catches the worm. So, start preparing now, make your wish list, set up your alerts, and get ready to score some fantastic deals on Prime Day 2023!
Thanks for reading. This site and all the work shared here are completely reader-supported. The best way to support it is to check out my recommendations or subscribe to my weekly newsletter.