27 school shootings have taken place so far in 2022.
What we know about the terrorist attack in Uvalde, TX on May 24, 2022:
- At least 21 dead; 19 students and 2 adults
- Uvalde is “the kind of place where ‘interconnections are thick’ and no one would have expected a mass shooting at the local school”
- The suspect also allegedly shot his grandmother before going to Robb Elementary
- The suspect (terrorist) purchased two assault-style rifles on his 18th birthday, though authorities have not confirmed whether these were the weapons used in the shooting
- All victims were in the same fourth-grade classroom at Robb Elementary School
On the Terrorist
- Ramos had hinted on social media that an attack could be coming, state Sen Roland Gutierrez, who was briefed by police, told reporters. “He suggested the kids should watch out,” the lawmaker said.
- He shot his grandmother before driving to Robb Elementary just before midday on Tuesday
- He “suffered from a fraught home life and lashed out violently against peers and strangers recently and over the years…”
- The Texas Department of Public Safety said he was wearing body armor and armed with a rifle.
I’m tired of reading these headlines. I’m tired of thinking about my own daughter not being safe in her school. I’m tired of thinking about the teachers and students I work with every day and them not being safe.
I’m tired of having to think about getting shot while in school when there are so many other things we should be focused on during our days but we can’t because we continue to allow guns like this to be sold.
I’m tired of bullying. I’m tired of not taking mental health seriously.
I’m tired. And I’m mad.
Hopefully, you are, too. And you’re ready to do something about it.